We're excited to bring you a blog feature on Platinum Boatman Geller retailer, Initial Offerings! Initial Offerings was born out of the love of all things monogrammed. This love affair began more than twenty five years ago when Kim began collecting vintage silver pieces and linens with other people’s monograms. Here, owner Kim Nappi (pictured below) talks to us about how Initial Offerings began and how she ended up in the world of stationery and gifts.
1. Tell us how Initial Offerings got started: I established my first stationery business in 2001 and become hooked on helping people celebrating births, weddings and other special occasions that called for announcements and invitations. A little over three years ago, after taking a hiatus for several years I once again had the itch to build another business and found myself reflecting fondly on my earlier days of owning my first stationery business. Re-entering the industry I enjoyed and experienced success which made it a no brainer and thus Initial Offerings was born in 2010. When I launched Initial Offerings, one of the first calls I made was to my favorite designer/manufacturer from the early days, Boatman Geller. I’m delighted to once again be partnering with whom I’ve always considered to be the best in the industry. Jane and Greg were tops then and continue to be now.
2. What is your favorite part about being an online retailer? The ability to reach and connect with people all over. I love receiving an order from someone in Florida (I’m in California) who received a gift from someone in Texas who purchased that gift online from Initial Offerings. I also enjoy the challenge of the ever evolving world of eCommerce and the continuing education of keeping our website relevant when there are so many others in this space.
3. What is your favorite Boatman Geller item or top seller? Choosing a favorite Boatman Geller item is like picking a favorite child. It’s difficult because I love and am surrounded by so many great items; so my top 3 would be my personal Boatman Geller stationery, my iPhone case and the large Lucite tray. My top sellers are beverage napkins and wine bottle tags.
4. How did you end up in the world of stationery & gifts? As mentioned earlier I opened my first stationery & gift business in 2001 in rural Georgia. Online shopping was not an option at that time and there was not a stationery store for miles. At the time we were starting our family and I was surrounded by friends and neighbors who were also starting families and we all wanted birth announcements, birthday party invitations (those glorious days before Evite), holiday cards, etc.. I realized there was a need and decided to fill it. The business was a great fit for my interests then and continues to be now.
5. What is the one item you never leave home without? I never leave home without my iPhone, which is kept safe, sound and stylish in one of the many Boatman Geller cases I rotate.1. Bright Floral Cell Phone Case 2. Alex Houndstooth Cell Phone Case 3. Beti Pink Flat Card 4. Chain Link Navy Foldover Card 5. Chinoiserie Spring Travel Tumbler 6. iPad Mini Cover in Bristol Tile Navy
Shop for your favorite Boatman Geller items at http://www.initialofferings4you.com/